16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
I am sure this is a familiar verse to all and maybe this will be a familiar thought as well, but here goes.
God Loved and God gave. Have you received?
No doubt in some gift exchange in some family or group somewhere there was an "onion" gift, you know the one with a box in a box in a box, layer after layer of paper and finally the real gift. In some cases the gift is really nice and in other cases .. well.
In the case of the gift God has given there are many other gifts and they are all AWESOME!
- Eternal life
- Abundant life
- Freedom from the penalty and power of sin
- Ministries to the Body of Christ
- Access to the Throne of Grace
- The Holy Spirit and all that He does
- The Peace of Jesus
- The Joy of the Lord
- Strength for all things
- Unsearchable riches
- Healing and Wholeness
- Great and Precious Promises
- The Power to Prosper
- The Word of God
- The Love of God shed abroad in our hearts
- A relationship, a fellowship, a communion with Almighty God which brings us into a position limitless possibilities
- His Nature and Ability
- The Use of the Name of Jesus
That's a few to get us started. Let me encourage you to take some time to think of some other gifts you've found in wrapped up in knowing Him, declare them and be thankful.
Philemon 1:4-6 (New King James Version)
4 I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers, 5 hearing of your love and faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints, 6 that the sharing (communication) of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you (us) in Christ Jesus.